Skip to content
Museum RulesBM Admin2016-05-23T11:56:51-05:00
Help Bennington Museum take care of the objects in its collection by following these rules:
- Walk, and move your body carefully.
- Use a quiet “indoor” or “library level” voice.
- Only touch things you have been given permission to touch.
- If you have candy or gum in your mouth, put it in the trash before you enter the museum or its galleries.
- Be good listeners. Raise your hand to ask or answer a question.
- Food and drink are only allowed in the Pavilion and lunch room (Education Center).
- Non-flash photography is allowed, but not in the Grandma Moses Gallery or in the Textile Gallery.
- Students must be accompanied by chaperones at all times. If no chaperone is available to go into a restroom with students (for example, there are no adult males with the group) students are allowed into the restroom no more than 3 at a time.
- Chaperones should model good behavior for students by staying with the group and refraining from conversation during the programs.
- School groups are welcome in the Museum Store. Chaperones are required to supervise students in the Store.